Diversity, Inclusion & Equality
We know that the marketing industry may be a bit behind in diversity, however, we have created an inclusive, welcoming environment for all employees and our people agenda is committed to help all of our people to be themselves.
We are passionate about inclusion and diversity, and whilst we have created a very inclusive environment, we believe there’s still more we could do to further diversify and are committed to driving this change in all our agencies across the globe. We know not only does it make business sense to benefit from more diverse thinking, more inclusive ideas and a broader range of backgrounds and life experience. It’s also the right thing and our obligation to do.
We want to remove barriers so we can make sure that people from all backgrounds realise their potential at N21. We’re making positive and proactive changes to be a part of the solution in making the marketing industry more diverse.
Our proactive approach includes:
- Our Kaizen Group – our employee forum meet once a month they are a voice for their teams bringing forward any issues and identifying where we can continuously improve
- Diversity, Equality and Inclusion education for all of our employees
- Culture code that ensures our language is inclusive and highlights our no tolerance policy to any forms of harassment and discrimination
- Transparent salary scales where people are paid based on the skills they bring to N21
- Employee mental well-being training and employee wellbeing support
- Have your say, quarterly anonymous feedback surveys where employees can talk about any concerns or ideas they have to improve our diversity
- Ensuring diverse Agency celebrations where all cultures and religions are celebrated
- Removing barriers from applying for a role and making it easy for anyone to apply
- We will remove any barriers we find in N21 to ensure that everyone is given the same opportunity for success
- Working with local universities LGBTQ+ groups to ensure we are removing any barriers to applying for roles
- Delivering digital skills workshops both to local schools and universities
- Working with local schools to support in driving social mobility
- Apprenticeship program to support with social mobility
- Fully paid internship programs encouraging applicants with new previous marketing experience to be given opportunities
- Using our #100 days to ensure we are supporting a wide range of charitable organisations, supporting in upskilling, raising money and giving our time to support
- We are proud to be awarded with the Advanced Good Work Pledge in association with the North of Tyne Combined Authority that shows our commitment to providing sustainable good work to our employees.
- We are a Disability Committed Confident Employer and we are committed to removing barriers and promoting employment to people with disabilities.
- We have signed the Women at Work Workplace Menopause pledge and we are committed to having the correct policies and training in place to raise awareness around menopause to support women at work.