We are recruiting for an Outreach Executive to join our highly successful 14-person SEO team. This is a fantastic opportunity for those interested in SEO, outreach and digital PR to step up into a challenging role at one of the North East’s largest digital agencies.
Job Title: Outreach Executive
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting to: Outreach Manager
Salary: £16k – 23k, dependent on experience, plus pension and benefits package
ABOUT THE ROLE:
As an SEO Outreach Executive, you will be focused on using your skills to grow our client’s organic search visibility through the process of building targeted and relevant backlinks. You will be involved in the whole outreach process, including prospecting opportunities, coordinating content development where applicable and reaching out to relevant websites.
You should be outgoing and a great communicator, while also being collaborative with technical and creative marketing teams.
As part of the Outreach team, you will be responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with key influencers in order to promote client brands and amplify content marketing campaigns.
With the support of your team, you WILL:
- Manage the day-to-day outreach for assigned client campaigns using up-to-date link acquisition methods.
- Pitch to journalists, editors, bloggers and website owners to secure client coverage/link acquisition.
- Work with the internal content team where appropriate to create useful content for third party websites, in exchange for backlinks.
- Have a clear understanding of your clients’ strategies and tailor campaigns and outreach activity to suit.
- Build relationships with your clients and confidently communicate activity and opportunities where applicable.
- Liaise and collaborate with internal and external PR, content, and affiliate teams with the ability to work well in similar digital spaces.
- Regularly prospect websites, opportunities and contacts on a large scale to find suitable targets.
- Where applicable, utilise digital PR techniques to promote content campaigns and client assets to attract backlinks.
- Use tools and software to identify and source new backlink opportunities.
- Input into creative projects, including content marketing, competitions, events or PR activity and product launches.
- Monitor industry trends and adopt new and emerging outreach techniques.
- Identify and communicate journalist requests to clients where applicable.
- Liaise with the content marketing team and other departments to drive overall delivery against objectives.
- Communicate to the team and wider management on weekly/monthly results, and ongoing project development timelines.
- Prepare internal and external reports and documentation.
What you’ll offer us:
Enthusiasm, organisation and the right mind-set are a must, and previous exposure to digital marketing or digital PR is desired.
- Organisational skills: Confidently manage a challenging workload, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
- Communication: Excellent internal and external communication skills, with the ability to adapt depending on the audience.
- Confidence speaking to potential outreach opportunities via phone and email
- The ability to deliver results against targets.
- Have an understanding of digital marketing and the technical elements of SEO.
- Initiative and enthusiasm: Willing and able to go above and beyond for your clients, challenge yourself and take calculated risks where necessary. Most of all, be passionate about what you do and be willing to learn, ask questions and get involved.
What we’ll offer you:
- A challenging, flexible and interesting role: We believe in giving team members the freedom to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and grow within the company.
- High quality training and coaching from talented people: We take personal and professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, and to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- A long list of great brands to work with: Our clients range from local heavyweights (such as Newcastle College & Hays Travel) to household names (Clarks, HelloFresh & NCP) in a wide range of industries.
- A fun team culture, legendary social events and great benefits: Our people and culture are the best things about working at Silverbean, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You will also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal.
- Ambitious growth plans and great progression opportunities: Most of Silverbean’s senior team started out on the factory floor, and if you are ambitious and committed you can carve your own path within the agency.
Demonstrate your digital marketing skills (and knowledge of SEO/digital PR if applicable); how you’ve used them to improve performance – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
What attracted you to Silverbean? Your covering letter should sell your enthusiasm and why you think you’re a good fit for us. Most importantly, be yourself! Skills can be taught but the right attitude is an absolute must.
To apply, please send a CV and covering letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate. If we agree, we will be in touch! If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll be happy to help.