We’re on the hunt for a Senior Paid Marketing Manager to join our award-winning (and certified Google premier partner) Paid Marketing team.
As Senior Paid Marketing Manager, you’ll lead the PPC strategy and manage a team of campaign Managers across all single and multi-service clients; assessing campaign performance, providing strategic recommendations, driving team improvements and maintaining strong client relationships. You’ll provide our team of Paid Marketing Managers and Executives with training and strategic support, and work closely with our senior services team to develop and improve our overall PPC offering.
Job Title: Senior Paid Marketing Manager
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting to: Head of Search & Paid
Salary: £28k – 38k, dependent on experience, plus pension and benefits package
We’re looking for an experienced digital marketer with a strong understanding of Paid Marketing and all areas of PPC.
You’ll have experience of designing and developing successful strategies to achieve clients’ objectives, as well as a deep understanding of the “nuts and bolts” of PPC implementation, particularly via AdWords, Bing, Social platforms, including paid and search engine marketing tools and software.
Previous agency PPC experience would be valuable, but we’re also happy to consider those with experience gained via an in-house position. In addition to PPC and digital marketing experience, we’re looking for strong account management and client communication skills, and line management experience would also be advantageous.
- Strategy Development: Build a deep understanding of your client’s needs and priorities by ingraining yourself in their digital & business objectives, to create tailored PPC strategies that will enable them to achieve their goals.
- Strategy Implementation: Monitor the performance of multi-channel PPC campaigns, and develop creative ways to improve them via search, shopping, display, video, mobile and social. Approach optimisation tactics with a ‘continuous improvement’ mind-set, and motivate the Managers and Executives within the team to think in the same way.
- Reporting & Analysis: Continually monitor campaign and service performance; identifying areas of improvement, then take data-driven action to address them, escalating issues or building business cases where appropriate.
- Client Communication: Take responsibility for maintaining a close relationship with a number of our large accounts, and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that PPC strategies are tailored to their needs.
- Technical Knowledge: Maintain a high level of technical knowledge, including up-to-date PPC and Google Analytics qualifications. Have a keen interest in the future of PPC and how the agency can integrate the latest technology and tools to improve client experience and performance.
- Project Management: Oversee the implementation of account plans, ensuring campaigns perform and client objectives are delivered on time and on budget. Encourage the team to collaborate with other services within Silverbean and support them in producing their best work.
- Team Leadership: Support a team of Paid Marketing Managers and Executives; providing training and support to improve campaign performance. Work with them towards achieving SMART personal objectives and full adoption of Silverbean processes.
- Commercial: Support new business and client services teams with audits, market research and proposals; developing new ways to demonstrate the agency’s expertise, and ensure our offering stands-out in a competitive digital agency marketplace.
What you’ll offer us:
We’re looking for someone ambitious and committed to carving your own path within the agency – whilst also exceeding client expectation through performance and relationship-building, as well as:
- Creative ideas: You’ll be experienced in testing and implementing new BETAs, campaign types and approaches to increase clients’ paid marketing performance, as well as coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve our overall service-level processes and methodology.
- An analytical mind-set: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into report data to find a solution to a problem, or building projections to back-up your recommendations.
- Organisational skills: You’ll be confident managing a challenging workload, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple accounts, clients, training and service development tasks.
- Leadership Skills: You’ll provide support and advice to a team of Paid Marketing Managers and Executives; monitoring performance and understanding their individual strengths and talents, then leading by example to get the best from them.
- Communication: You’ll have excellent internal and external communication skills with the ability to adapt depending on the audience.
- Initiative and enthusiasm: This is a senior position within the team, and we need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement, and putting forward a persuasive case for your recommendations where necessary.
- International adaptation: You’ll understand the opportunities and challenges that come with entering clients into new markets, and be well-versed in implementing international strategies to UK clients.
Most of all, you’ll be passionate about what you do, challenge best-practice and strive for exceeding client expectations.
What we’ll offer you:
A career at Silverbean is rewarding and motivating. You’ll work alongside like-minded people who work collaboratively to drive results – and have fun whilst doing so! We’ve got a competitive benefits package packed with perks, along with this bunch of additional good stuff:
- A challenging, flexible and interesting role: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
- High quality training and coaching from talented people: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- An opportunity to work on our highest-profile accounts: Our clients range from local to international brands; getting to grips with their objectives, priorities and testing a variety of tactics across all media is what we expect you to deliver through the team and individual efforts.
- A fun team culture, legendary social events and great benefits: Our team satisfaction surveys list our people and culture as the best things about working at Silverbean, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal, including a company pension, flexitime, working from home days, free snacks and drinks and your birthday off!
- Ambitious growth plans and great progression opportunities: If you’re ambitious and committed, with the right attitude to match there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
- We’re not all talk: Check out our Glassdoor profile so you can read staff reviews from the people themselves.
We really want to see your best side. Please don’t make us read between the lines!
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and why you want to join our growing team.
- Give specific examples of relevant client communication, insights and performance experience wherever you can – what budgets/platforms did you work with, what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- Don’t be afraid to be yourself. We’re not business-formal, so be creative and pack your application with personality where possible. Anything additional that you want to include is welcome, especially if you believe it’ll set you apart from the rest.