We’re recruiting for an experienced Senior Search Marketing professional to join our highly successful 15-person SEO team. This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SEO to step up into a challenging role at our award-winning digital marketing agency.
The successful candidate will lead the SEO strategy development for some of our key clients, assess and challenge your team’s campaign performance and provide strategic recommendations to drive further improvements. You’ll lead your team to implement high quality campaigns that drive growth to client performance, and work with our senior services team to develop and improve our overall agency SEO offering.
Sound like your kinda thing?
Job Title: Senior Search Marketing Consultant
Location: Silverbean HQ, Newcastle upon Tyne
Reporting to: Head of Search
Salary: £30,000 - £35,000 DOE + Pension + Benefits Package
Deadline: We are always looking for speculative CV's. If you have a CV you feel would fit great with our company, please send it through!
We’re looking for an experienced digital marketer with a strong understanding of SEO. You’ll have experience of designing and developing successful search strategies to achieve clients’ objectives, as well as a deep understanding of the “nuts and bolts” of SEO implementation, particularly technical optimisation and content development.
Previous agency SEO experience would be valuable, but we’re also happy to consider those with experience gained via an in-house position, freelance work or personal projects.
In addition to SEO and digital marketing experience, we’re looking for strong account management, presentation, client communication skills and line management experience.
Duties & responsibilities include:
• You will lead your team to develop well considered and progressive client strategies that deliver measurable performance.
• Collaborate with your colleagues across the agency to integrate your team’s campaigns with the wider client strategies.
• You’ll consistently monitor the performance of your teams SEO strategies and action plans, ensuring campaigns perform and client objectives are delivered on time and on budget.
• Supporting the agency in relevant new business development and pitches.
• Creating thought-leadership content for the agency blog and supporting additional agency marketing initiatives where required.
• Committing to personal development using both agency training & support as well as a commitment to personal and performance improvement.
• Being visible throughout the agency as a thought leader on SEO and being able to clearly articulate opportunities with colleagues and agency senior management team.
• Actively supporting the personal development of your team.
• Continually monitoring campaign and overall service performance to identify areas of improvement, then take action to address them, escalating issues or building business cases where appropriate.
• Maintaining a close relationship with clients and communicating well with key stakeholders to ensure that client sentiment remains high.
As well as the usual prerequisites like being a team player, hard-working and an (occasionally) wicked sense of humour, our ideal match will possess the following key skills:
• Creative ideas: You’ll be experienced in developing creative strategies to increase clients’ visibility online, as well as coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve our overall service-level processes and methodology.
• An analytical mind-set: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into report data to find a solution to a problem, or building projections to back up your recommendations.
• Organisational skills: You’ll be confident managing a challenging workload, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
• Leadership skills: You’ll provide support and advice to a team of SEO Consultants and Executives, monitoring performance and understanding their individual strengths and talents, then leading by example to get the best from them.
• Initiative & Enthusiasm: We need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement, and putting forward a persuasive case for your recommendations where necessary.
A career at Silverbean is rewarding and motivating. You’ll work alongside like-minded people who strive collaboratively to drive results – and have fun whilst doing so!
We’ve got a pretty sweet Benefits package packed with perks, along with this bunch of additional good stuff:
A challenging, flexible and interesting role: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
High quality training and coaching from talented people: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
A long list of great brands to work with: Our clients range from local heavyweights (ScS and Berghaus) through to major household names (Danone and Bosch) in a wide range of sectors and industries.
A fun team culture, legendary social events and great benefits: Our team satisfaction surveys list our people and culture as the best things about working at Silverbean, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal, including a company pension, free snacks and drinks and your birthday off!
Ambitious growth plans and great progression opportunities: Most of Silverbean’s current senior team started out on the factory floor, and if you’re ambitious and committed there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
We’re not all talk: Check out our Glassdoor profile so you can read staff reviews from the people themselves.
We really want to see your best side. Please don’t make us read between the lines!
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
• Be very clear about why you feel you’re a great fit for this role, and why you want to join our squad.
• Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
• Don’t be afraid to be yourself. We’re not business-formal, so be creative and pack your application with personality where possible. Anything additional that you want to include is welcome, especially if you believe it’ll set you apart from the rest.
We operate an Equal Opportunities policy for all roles at Silverbean. Our team is made up of individuals from a diverse range of backgrounds, and what’s really important is that you’re able to clearly explain how the skills and knowledge you’ve got will help you succeed at Silverbean.
Please send your CV and Cover Letter (use our vacancy title as your subject line!) to: [email protected]. If you have any queries, please send us an email or give us a call on 0191 406 1200.
Read our reviews