PLEASE NOTE: THIS VACANCY HAS NOW BEEN FILLED. Make sure that you keep an eye out on our careers page for more exciting opportunities here at Silverbean. However, we are always on the hunt for SEO talent, so if you think you’re someone that we just can’t afford to miss, send us a speculative CV.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced SEO to step up into a challenging senior role at one of the North East’s largest digital agencies.
As a Senior Search Marketing Consultant, you’ll lead SEO strategy development for some of our key clients, using a range of tools and techniques to assess campaign performance, then providing strategic recommendations to drive further improvements. You’ll provide our team of Search Marketing Consultants and Executives with training and strategic support, and work closely with our senior services team to develop and improve our overall agency SEO offering.
We’re looking for an experienced digital marketer with a strong understanding of SEO. You’ll have experience of designing and developing successful search strategies to achieve clients’ objectives, as well as a deep understanding of the “nuts and bolts” of SEO implementation, particularly technical optimisation and content development.
Previous agency SEO experience would be valuable, but we’re also happy to consider those with experience gained via an in-house position, freelance work or personal projects. In addition to SEO and digital marketing experience, we’re looking for strong account management and client communication skills, and line management experience would also be a plus.
- Strategy Development: Build a deep understanding of your clients’ needs and priorities, and create tailored SEO strategies that will help them achieve their goals.
- Strategy Implementation: Monitor the performance of SEO strategies, and develop creative ways to improve them. Constantly look for improvements, and support the SEO team to deliver these.
- Reporting & Analysis: Continually monitor campaign and overall service performance and identify areas of improvement, then take action to address them, escalating issues or building business cases where appropriate.
- Client Communication: Take responsibility for maintaining a close relationship with clients, and communicate well with key stakeholders to ensure that SEO strategies are tailored to their needs.
- Technical SEO: Maintain a high level of technical SEO knowledge, and perform in-depth technical audits as well as identifying complex or nonstandard issues.
- Project Management: Design and manage the implementation of campaign plans, ensuring campaigns perform and client objectives are delivered on time and on budget
- Team Leadership: Support a team of Search Marketing Consultants and Executives, providing training and support to improve campaign performance.
What you’ll offer us:
- Creative ideas: You’ll be experienced in developing creative strategies to increase clients’ visibility online, as well as coming up with suggestions and ideas to improve our overall service-level processes and methodology.
- An analytical mind-set: You’ll be good at investigating, solving problems and telling stories with data, whether that’s diving into report data to find a solution to a problem, or building projections to back up your recommendations.
- Technical savvy: You’ll have a detailed knowledge of technical SEO, as well as basic web technologies like HTML and CSS, and you’ll be comfortable explaining complex technical concepts to those with less experience.
- Organisational skills: You’ll be confident managing a challenging workload, working to deadlines and prioritising tasks to keep on top of multiple campaigns, clients and other tasks.
- Leadership Skills: You’ll provide support and advice to a team of SEO Consultants and Executives, monitoring performance and understanding their individual strengths and talents, then leading by example to get the best from them.
- Initiative and Enthusiasm: This is a senior position within the SEO team, and we need somebody who can help shape and progress our offering, not just follow instructions. You’ll have a knack for identifying new opportunities and areas for improvement, and putting forward a persuasive case for your recommendations where necessary.
What We’ll Offer You:
- A challenging, flexible and interesting role: We believe in giving our team members autonomy to do their best work, and there’s genuine opportunity for the right person to shape their role and build their profile within the company.
- High quality training and coaching from talented people: We take professional development very seriously indeed. We’ll give you all the support you need to excel, as well as the chance to work with and learn from some of the best in the business.
- A long list of great brands to work with: Our clients range from local heavyweights (Berghaus, ScS) through to household names (L.K. Bennett & Danone) in a wide range of sectors and industries.
- A fun team culture, legendary social events and great benefits: Our people and culture are the best things about working at Silverbean, and our social calendar is one of the best out there. You’ll also enjoy an attractive range of benefits and company perks as part of the deal.
- Ambitious growth plans and great progression opportunities: Most of Silverbean’s senior team started out on the factory floor, and if you’re ambitious and committed there are some fantastic progression opportunities available.
Silverbean is a 40-person digital agency based on Hoult’s Yard in Newcastle upon Tyne. Over the past 13 years we’ve built a fantastic reputation for achieving great results for our clients via SEO, PPC, Affiliate Marketing, Content, Social Media, Analytics and Strategy, either individually or in combination.
We work with a varied portfolio of clients including Berghaus, LK Bennett and Charlotte Tilbury, and we’ve got ambitious growth plans for the future that’ll see us become even bigger and better.
Most importantly, we’re proud to be part of an amazing team of enthusiastic, talented and friendly digital marketers, who are the reason for our success. We take great care of our people and our culture – our team members enjoy a range of benefits, from the basics like a pension and generous holiday allowance through to free breakfast and snacks, paid quarterly socials and on-site massages!
We really want to see your best side. Please don’t make us read between the lines!
We receive a lot of applications for every role we advertise. Here are a few pointers to help make yours stand out:
- Be very clear about why you’re a great fit for this role, and for Silverbean: your CV tells us a little, but we’re much more interested in your covering letter, so make it count!
- We need you to spell out exactly what you can bring to the role: Give specific examples of relevant experience wherever you can – what did you do, what were the results and what did you learn?
- We’re not business formal: Corporate speak isn’t required, so don’t be afraid to be yourself.
To apply, please send us a CV and covering letter explaining what makes you an ideal candidate. If we agree, we will be in touch when the perfect position pops up! If you’ve got any questions, please feel free to give us a call or drop us an email and we’ll be happy to help.