The key problem:
Having launched MONNIER Frères German affiliate program, the brand tasked Silverbean with reviving their US programme. With a focus on growing revenue and widening the affiliate reach, we took a proactive approach to driving performance after a period of inactivity and a lack of resource committed to the US market.
Who is the client?
MONNIER Frères is a Paris-based, online only, luxury leather bag and accessories merchant, founded by two brothers Jean and Guillaume Monnier in 2010. Their goal is to create the ultimate online destination dedicated exclusively to accessories.
Core objectives of the campaign
- Achieve YoY growth in revenue.
- Re-engage with existing publishers in order to build relationships in the US, such as Lyst.
- Recruitment of key publishers which were identified as missing from the programme.
- Brand awareness not only with content publishers but also within key sectors such as weibo & loyalty publishers.
The Silverbean approach to the objective
- GAP Analysis undertaken in order to identify ‘quick wins’.
- Regular communication with existing publishers including personalised emails & newsletters outlining offers.
- Silverbean conducted a full review of the affiliate mix for the US and highlighted key opportunities that MONNIER Frères could take advantage of. Key publishers like Shop at Home, Top Cashback US and Coupon Chief were recruited to the program as a result of Silverbean’s gap analysis and well-established relationships.
- Silverbean rolled out a blogger outreach strategy in the program’s infancy, focused on seven key luxury influencers. Silverbean had long-standing established relationships with each, allowing for a streamlined recruitment process.
- There was a clear focus to re-engage with all existing publishers in order maintain/repair relationships and in turn, drive performance with all publishers.