In addition to optimising your overall ecommerce store, it is vitally important to take stock of where your affiliate programme is currently. You will then identify any opportunities to fine tune this, allowing you to build a platform for future growth and success. There are several key questions you should ask yourself, including:
- Are you happy with the quality of affiliates you are currently working with?
- Are you happy with the quantity of affiliates you are currently working with?
- What more can you offer to your affiliates?
- What more can your affiliates offer you?
- Are you paying your affiliates fairly? (i.e. upper funnel content affiliates being rewarded for their contribution to the sale, as opposed to only paying out to last-click affiliates)
The above answers will provide a solid foundation for growing your programme further. As affiliate programmes grow, it’s very common to find that partners recruited in the past may now not be of the quality you would like to associate your brand with. Many affiliate agencies will simply take a ‘quantity over quality’ approach to recruitment, which may look great on paper due to hundreds of affiliates on board.
However, this approach is outdated, and not how Silverbean approaches our retailers’ programmes. It’s important to ensure the quality of your affiliates is of a high standard, compliments your brand, and most importantly, drives incremental revenue.
Use the current period to assess who is advertising your brand, in addition to where they are portraying your brand image. This is crucial to ensuring your affiliate programme is in as healthy a position as possible and will be ready to bounce back post-coronavirus.