This is a hands up moment for us.
Affiliate marketing has not always enjoyed the best reputation. And rightly so. But that has changed, and we are proud to be at the heart of that change.
In the past an affiliate programme could often be summed up like this.
“Lots of sales coming in. Mostly from voucher code and cashback websites. Not sure there is any other value. Looks like there could be the odd dodgy affiliate on there cannibalising sales and making a fortune.”
Today is different. A high performing affiliate programme could be be described as;
“A great mix of affiliate partners driving value at every stage of the customer buying journey. Commission structures are optimised to maximise sales growth and profitability, with every order active affiliate partner providing credible, measurable value to our business.”
The radical change in the value affiliate marketing is delivering for brands has been achieved through a combination of factors:
- Huge advancements in the technology available to create bespoke, personalised affiliate partnerships
- A change in attitude from (some!) agencies and in-house managers to eradicate laziness and bad practice that allowed some questionable affiliates gain at the expense of brands
- Innovation from affiliate publishers to attract new audiences
- A shift to content to engage consumers at each stage of the buying cycle
- A more mature approach in the channel as the biggest players started to take more responsibility for its reputation.