Aphrodite is a men’s designer clothing and footwear retailer, founded in 1994. They are official stockists of a number of luxury labels and brands in clothing, footwear and accessories.
The brand had a relatively stagnant Instagram following, averaging at 50 new followers a week. They also weren’t being listed for all new arrivals on tier 1 publishers, such as The Sole Supplier. If Aphrodite’s new arrivals were listed on The Sole Supplier, it was not in a preferred position, often meaning their stock would not sell out on release
- Launch a campaign to encourage new follower engagement on Instagram
- Bring added value to a tier 1 publisher
- Build upon the added value provided and further the relationship with tier 1 publishers
- Bring added value to a Tier 1 Publisher
- Follow up on the above by launching an Instagram giveaway with Tier 1 publishers.
- To begin with, the relationship with The Sole Supplier was almost non-existent. To combat this, we reached out to The Sole Supplier to collaborate on a blog announcing an upcoming Raf Simons release. This blog also linked back to The Sole Supplier.
- This activity opened up a conversation in regards to listing Aphrodite on The Sole Supplier’s site as a stockist of both new and upcoming releases. We then involved The Sole Supplier in setting up an Awin account, leading to Aphrodite achieving its first top 5 ranking on The Sole Supplier site.
- The final phase of this campaign involved approaching The Sole Supplier with an idea for a joint competition. We did this by focusing on their newly launched clothing-focused domain ‘Above The Sole’. We supplied The Sole Supplier with a Stone Island Jacket and a pair of Nike Air Max 97’s, which had previously sold out and were likely to resonate with their audience. The competition required entrants to follow both The Sole Supplier and Above The Sole on social, which proved to be popular with the team at The Sole Supplier.
- The competition was launched across the Instagram accounts for Aphrodite, The Sole Supplier and Above the Sole, featuring in-house imagery of the prizes.
- Increased Aphrodite’s Instagram following by +52% from 27k to 41.5k
- One specific post received 10.2k likes and 6.8k comments (due to recent Instagram algorithm changes this will boost Aphrodite’s visibility immensely)
- Aphrodite has received a huge spike in newsletter subscriptions since the launch of the competition