New Era: Hitting home runs
For those with only 30 seconds, this is what we achieved:
- Managed the effective migration of existing German and French affiliate programs in month one to join the UK program under one network, for greater transparency and to enable cross-territory partner collaboration
- Reduced average cost of sale by ~16% across all three territories
- Generated 112% year-on-year growth in the first six months of management, equal to 165% of revenue targets achieved across the three key territories.
Who is the client and why did they come to us?
Client: New Era Cap
Industry: Sports headwear and apparel
Territory focus: UK, DE, FR
New Era is an American headwear company and has been the exclusive baseball cap supplier for Major League Baseball since 1993. The brand also has over 500 different licenses in its portfolio.
The brand was looking to expand its international presence, enabling effective expansion of affiliate activity in Germany and France while continuing to grow in the UK. Team Silverbean was tasked with managing the expansion and consolidation of the programs onto one network, while also reducing cost of sale.
So, what did we do?
Our initial game plan with New Era included consolidating existing affiliate networks for greater control and to enable cross-territory partner collaboration, such as multi-territory campaign launches with shopping aggregator Lyst and tech provider SaleCycle.
The game plan also included rolling out budget maximisation tactics, alongside comprehensive reviews of existing partners. This allowed us to ultimately free up budget to enable effective expansion of affiliate activity in Germany and France whilst growing in the UK. Our monthly year-on-year growth targets averaged between 40% and 150%.
Will Hill, account manager at SaleCycle, said: “We started a basket abandonment campaign for the UK region and then expanded to the DE & FR regions, using a 2 cycle approach to optimise performance.”
- Reduced cost of sale by an average of 16% across the UK, Germany & France
- Achieved 165% of revenue target achieved in the first 6 months of management
- Delivered 112% YoY growth in the same 6 month period.
Will said: “In the first 6 months, we have achieved a 3.14% increase in sales by using basket abandonment.
“Through using discount banners to increase engagement we have achieved a 40.90% open rate, 9.4% click rate and 2.07% conversion rate. We have used recommended items in the 2nd cycle to increase engagement as well as increasing average order values by 27.22%.”
If you are inspired by this case study and aren’t getting the most from your current affiliate program, book your free affiliate program audit.